History of Our ChurchSubmitted by mary.chun on Sun, 15/09/2013 - 20:52
Yeronga Christ Church Anglican Parish’s history started back in 1889 in a cottage near the railway end of what is now Christensen Street. The congregations begin to grow since then.
The current site of Christ church was chosen in 1917 and the foundation stone of Christ Church was lay on the 25th November 1922.
Many of the songs has been sang and many prayers has been heard from Christ Church since it was build.
Our congregations includes people in Yeronga community. also include people from South Sudan since 2008.
We have celebrated the 90th anniversary for laying of foundation stone in December 2012 with The Most Reverend Dr. P.J. Aspinall, Archbishop of Brisbane.
May the Lord continued to bless Yeronga and people in this community.